ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2019
Raukawa ki te Tonga Trust will hold its annual general meeting at Taumata o te Rā Marae, Halcombe at 10.00am, 24 March 2019. All members of Raukawa ki te Tonga Trust are welcome to attend.
• Apologies (may be sent to secretary)
• Minutes of 2018 AGM
• Annual Report
• Financial Report
• General Business
A copy of the annual report including audited financial reports will be available on the trust website – later in January, at the meeting and by request from the board secretary. Members are urged to update both mailing and email addresses with the secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rachael Selby, Chair
Raukawa ki te Tonga Trust
He waka eke noa
Ngāti Raukawa are spread around the globe especially Australia. We are reminded of this regularly through messages from those seeking to register. Few are registered with the trust and we seek assistance in communicating with potential members in Australia and in other countries.
Registration of members is a key activity for the trust. It is intent on continuing to improve our registration process. Last year saw the updating of our online registration process. This should make it easier to process these registrations.
We have 1230 members with out addresses. Please if you are moving update us with your new address.
Advantages to registration and becoming a member of the trust
- Ensure eligibility to any future funding distribution
- Provides proof of iwi/hapū affiliation and important to some tertiary students
- Vital connection to iwi/hapū organisation
- Receive information/news on one of the most important socio-economic organisation that actively distributes funds to tribal members.
As at the end of January 2018, we have:
• 10,405 validated members
• 1898 are under 20
• 3661 over 20 and under 40
• 4787 are over 40
• 8,201 North Island members
• 5141 are in the Horowhenua and Manawatū/Whanganui/Wellington area
• 830 in the South Island
• 413 live in Australia
• 49 live in Europe and the Americas
Seafood Processing/Vessel Operations Pre-employment Program
Ever considered a career in the Fishing Industry? Are you of Ngāti Raukawa descent? We have a great opportunity for you.
– A program tailored for new entrants into the NZ fishing industry.
– Intensive residential 6 week course based at the Westport Deep Sea Fishing School, Westport. Linked to NZQA and Maritime NZ qualifications.
– No fees.
– You must be 18 or over.
– Accommodation and kai (breakfast and dinner) costs are covered and provided.
– Strict drug and alcohol free policy.
– Assistance with employment placement post completion of course.
Get in touch if you’d like to know more. Email Raukawa ki te Tonga AHC Chairman Toa Pomare on email@example.com or call the office on 06 364 9011 ext 813.
Annual General Meeting 2018
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE TRUST WAS HELD AT WHITIREIA (LIBRARY) TE WANANGA O RAUKAWA, 144 TASMAN ROAD, OTAKI ON 26TH APRIL 2018.
The Annual Report was presented, including the report from the Directors of the Asset Holding Company.
Applications are open for entities to apply for funding: Applications 2018
Membership and Registrations: All hapu are urged to set targets for registration. Add at least 100 new registrations for each hapu this year!
There are no elections in this financial year – the next round will be in March 2019.
Annual Report 2018:
Click on the link below to download the Annual Report 2018:
New Trustees 2017
Following an election in May 2017 four new trustees were elected:
- Debbie Birch
- Cyril Mako
- Emma Winiata
- Bernadette Arapere
They join Rachael Selby and Jerald Twomey who were re-elected for a further term and Justin Tamihana who is a current trustee.
The trustees meet four to six times a year with scheduled quarterly meetings and an annual general meeting. Conference call meetings are made where necessary.