The Trust is pleased to be able to offer annual charitable distributions to its members. We currently offer two types of distributions:
- Distributions for Marae and projects undertaken by raukawa entities; and
- Fish Distribution for Marae and Iwi/hapū hui.
There is flexibility under the Trust Deed to do a broader range of mahi to benefit Iwi members – this will be explored over the coming years as the putea and number of registered members increase and as our strategic direction evolves.
Distributions are based upon meeting the following charitable objectives as outlined in our Trust Deed:
- Relief of poverty for the benefit of Raukawa ki te Tonga iwi
- The advancement of education or religion for the benefit of Raukawa ki te Tonga iwi
- Any other matter that is beneficial to Māori as a people and, in particular, is beneficial to the community of Raukawa ki te Tonga and all the members irrespective of where those members reside
Distributions are guided by the Trust’s Distribution Policy and must only be made to other charitable organisations for charitable purposes that benefit Raukawa ki te Tonga.
Each year the Trust determines:
- An amount of money to be made available in that financial year; and
- Priority projects for that financial year.